While pipeline incidents are rare, Adelphia Gateway, LLC works with local emergency responders and public officials to train and prepare for emergency response. We hold annual drills on land and water with emergency responders and our response contractors to prepare for a potential pipeline incident.
Advance knowledge of where pipelines are located in your community, the products transported in them, and how to contact and work together with Adelphia Gateway, LLC is a key factor to an effective and safe response.
In the event of a pipeline incident, Adelphia Gateway, LLC is prepared to perform the following:
- Call 911
- Shut down the pipeline
- Respond to the scene and establish Incident Command System
- Close valves to isolate the incident
- Dispatch company and contract personnel to scene
- Notify federal, state and local agencies
- Take steps to protect the environment
- Provide liaison with emergency responders and public in the affected area
- Provide safety and health hazards briefing
- Excavate and repair damaged line
Adelphia Gateway, LLC would rely on emergency responders to perform the following:
- Employ the Incident Command System
- Identify hazards
- Call Adelphia Gateway, LLC at our 24-hour emergency number, 800-747-3375
- Evacuate people if necessary
- Provide traffic control and security
- Fight fires
- Provide medical assistance if required
Online Training for Emergency Responders
PIPELINE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TRAINING PORTAL:
Learn the techniques and skills to best address a hazardous liquid or natural gas pipeline incident.
- New best-in-class online training
- Free for first responders
- Awareness, Operations and Technician level courses using the well-respected National Association of State Fire Marshals “Pipeline Emergencies” program
- The training portal is among the many initiatives the American Petroleum Institute (API) and Association of Oil Pipe Lines (AOPL) have introduced to improve response to pipeline incidents
Supported by: The National Association of State Fire Marshals and the International Association of Fire Chiefs
The essential website committed to zero pipeline incidents with reliable up-to-date pipeline emergency response safety training.
Developed by a team of respected emergency response and industry experts in partnership with the National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM) and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.
PIPELINE ASSOCIATION FOR PUBLIC AWARENESS – RESOURCES & TRAINING MATERIALS FOR GOVERNMENT & EMERGENCY OFFICIALS: The link above will take you to a list of resources and training materials that is continually updated and includes the following:
- Pipeline Emergency Response Guidelines
In the unlikely event of an emergency near or involving a pipeline, it is critical you know how to respond and are prepared to work together with the pipeline representatives. PAPA’s emergency response guidelines were created to provide a concise, yet complete, resource for reference prior to and during a pipeline emergency.
- Pipeline Emergency Response Videos
Use this series of Pipeline Emergency Response videos to supplement your knowledge about the pipelines in your community. Through the videos, you’ll learn to recognize issues concerning public safety, hazards and risk communication. You’ll also learn about strategic considerations when responding to a pipeline release in your community. The video is divided into segments that focus on community awareness, communication and preparedness; pipeline integrity; recognizing and identifying pipeline releases; and incident response guidelines.
- Pipeline Emergency Scenarios
Pipeline Association for Public Awareness (PAPA) collaborated with Callan and Company to create online drills and scenarios for emergency responders. The website is designed to help emergency responders become familiar with the components of the emergency response guidelines and other training available before they are called to respond to a pipeline emergency. The site helps you test your knowledge using scenarios for various pipeline emergency situations. Scenarios are available for different types of response agencies and possible emergencies and are updated regularly.
More information on handling pipeline emergencies can be found by visiting the following websites:
Emergency responders and public officials who are interested in more information regarding PPL Adelphia Gateway, LLC’s emergency response plans, or in participating in our emergency response drills, can contact us here: